Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Rondo LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed my 2010 Rondo LX rides hard. My previous 2007 Rondo LX 2.7 seems to have had a softer ride. My 2010 has 45,000 miles. Would different shocks soften it up a bit and if so whats recommended here. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
Kia Rondo 2009, L4
47 Posts
My Rondo, 2009 has also noisy suspension. I think that in general, Rondo 2007-2012 suffers from lack of sound isolation and hard suspension.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,342 Posts
Most "harsh ride" complaints from comparison to older year models can be attributed to larger diameter rims and lower profile(50,60 series) tires than a previous years equipment. You both are talking of vehicles in the time frame when auto makers were putting larger diameter rims (with shorter sidewall tires) onto their cars as OE. Many folks going to newer year cars have noticed the ride quality difference just from that.

·
Registered
2007 Rondo and 2000 Tacoma
119 Posts
Most "harsh ride" complaints from comparison to older year models can be attributed to larger diameter rims and lower profile(50,60 series) tires than a previous years equipment. You both are talking of vehicles in the time frame when auto makers were putting larger diameter rims (with shorter sidewall tires) onto their cars as OE. Many folks going to newer year cars have noticed the ride quality difference just from that.
You nailed it .......old size 205/60r16 versus the newer 225/50r17

One more reason to keep my old 2007 around for as long as I can.

·
Registered
2010 Rondo LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2010 Rondo has the old size 205/60r16 same as my 2007 so with all due respect I don't think that applies in my case. However, you did get me thinking as when these tires go (soon) I had considered going with 17's. Maybe not???

·
Registered
2014 kia rondo ex
11 Posts
Are they both 7 passengers? Was that an option for those years maybe the suspension would be stiffer on a 7 passenger than the 5 passenger ? Payload difference is 300 pound on the 2014 model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts