Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Strange problem. When we turn off the car, the radio goes to full volume and then won't shut off even when ignition is off. I suppose it's some sort of electrical short but anyone ever deal with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solution - 2010 Kia Rondo Radio Won't Turn Off

Hi there,

This response is likely too late for the original poster. We had the exact same problem and were able to solve it.

Problem: 2010 Kia Rondo, vehicle turned off but radio remains on and won't turn off. Radio can also not have station or volume changed.

Solution: Open front hood of vehicle. Remove one of the battery cables. Wait a few minutes for electrical system to clear. Reconnect battery cable.

You'll need to reset your clock and radio stations, but elsewise this cleared the issue for us without having to involve a mechanic and spend money. I hope this helps you as well!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,117 Posts
Doesn't matter which solution....I doubt that it ever happened in either case. Neither poster 1 or poster 2 stayed around long enough for an answer. Both were likely trolling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to @tkittner for the solution of removing the fuse and plugging it back in. We hit the radio issue about 3 hrs into an 8 hrs drive home on Sunday. After an initial panic, we found this solution on the forum and it worked like a charm!

·
Registered
1 Posts
At first I just thought my 2010 Rio was possessed by the devil. Radio would randomly come on and not shut off while driving, and/or just not shut off after turning the car off. Then the radio just wouldn’t come on at all, and a few days later would come on but no dials or buttons would work. After reading this forum, I wanted to pull the fuse, but for some reason Kia does not supply a tool like other manufacturers do for the fuses. I think it would be easier if the damn car WERE possessed. I could at least beat it with a Bible or something.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,938 Posts
At first I just thought my 2010 Rio was possessed by the devil. Radio would randomly come on and not shut off while driving, and/or just not shut off after turning the car off. Then the radio just wouldn’t come on at all, and a few days later would come on but no dials or buttons would work. After reading this forum, I wanted to pull the fuse, but for some reason Kia does not supply a tool like other manufacturers do for the fuses. I think it would be easier if the damn car WERE possessed. I could at least beat it with a Bible or something.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts