Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
513 Posts
What's FSM? Field Service manual?

Up until November 2008 it had the gaskets you purchased. After that these are the parts. Also the thermostat went to 88 Celsius, the old one prior to Nov 2008 was 82 so not fitting what you purchased could turn out be a good decision. It's stamped on it. Could also be why there is 88 stamped on your housing

Font Electric blue Circle Auto part Electronics accessory

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Lens Cameras & optics
Material property Eyelash Font Circle Audio equipment

Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Cable Automotive lighting

Household hardware Metal Titanium Nut Event

·
Registered
513 Posts
sometimes it pays to use the phone and take images before you take it all apart, saved me a few times.
Font Circle Auto part Parallel Diagram
Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Drawing
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Toy

This is front dust cover 97833
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Font Circle

Then Pulley

Wheel Tire Toy Font Electric blue

Then rear dust cover

Camera lens Font Material property Lens Circle

Then the spacer

·
Registered
513 Posts
The safest and best way to ensure you identify what's fitted to your vehicle will always be using the OEM catalog and your VIN. Once you have the OEM numbers you can then google away and find them or aftermarket crossovers but even then there's a chance with aftermarket they can get it wrong. I always look for images of the OEM and then compare.

I'm interested to see the content in a FSM. Does it list part numbers or is it repair procedures with imagery? I have what Hyundai and Kia installed with their diagnostic program and with changes not always will it be updated in the images.

If Amazon, RockAuto, auto stores, etc. are reliant on third-party data then if that is wrong they are also going to be wrong. I can't see them investing huge amounts of resources correcting suppliers

Did you contact Rock Auto to let them know you believe there is an error?

The OEM on the other hand needs to be accurate and trackable particularly if a safety issue arises requires a recall of that part number.

I've been tracking part numbers for some years now for all my Hyundais in an effort to find them cheaper internationally than through the dealerships in my country.

I use the catalogs and VINs, can't really go wrong from there.Example below is some of the data pulled from another rio vin.Gives you everythig down to the serials of engine and trans. Handy too when purchasing used parts. I had a wrecker advertise a trans out of a low mileage car, asked for the Vin, got the serial.. When I arrive I could tell it was older made in an earlier year and serial not matched. Most likely higher mileage, walked awa from that deal.

I also used the same VIN on Kia.Parts, it gave the wrong part number for the thermostat. Not sure how their online system is linked but surprised.

This one was good. should work for you too.
I left the VIN in you can change it to yours.

Font Number Symmetry Parallel Document

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts