Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rio LX
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stumped trying to get the audio system working again on my 2010 Rio LX. The car used to belong to my dad and worked fine until around 2.5 years ago, when it suddenly stopped working. Sometime later he decided that he was too old to drive and gave the car to me (which I've gradually been working on as it needed all sorts of replacement parts unrelated to this issue).

I tried the obvious things to fix the audio issue, from checking and replacing the panel fuses, checking the wiring harness and connectors, etc. I even replaced what appeared to be a bad 3300 microFarad capacitor on the circuit board. Nothing's worked. The button lights come on when the headlights are on, but the actual audio display doesn't come on, let alone put out sound. Even the CD eject button doesn't work.

I've read that it could be the unit's own 10A fuse gone bad, but I can't seem to find one, inside the unit or inline with the wires leading to the unit. The only place where a fuse might fit is a rectangular slot beside 2 of the 3 connectors, that schematic diagrams of similar units indicate is to hold the fuse. But looking inside this slot with a flashlight, there don't seem to be any metal connectors to hold a fuse. I tried to instead a standard sized 10A car fuse, but it wouldn't hold.

Any ideas? The model is a Hyundai Autonet PA910JBLSX 1.5. Can't seem to find anything specific when googling it, other than some sites that my security SW tells me are malware sites, so I'm not going to chance it.

·
Registered
Rio 2011
7 Posts
Me too. I took it out and mechanic said "it's fried" but it seems pretty pristine and I also suspect there is a fuse inside it, so I will continue to search engine for the numbers on the back. I started with 961001G795AMD or AMX and it showed me some instrument panel clusters so that was funny!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,965 Posts
Me too. I took it out and mechanic said "it's fried" but it seems pretty pristine and I also suspect there is a fuse inside it, so I will continue to search engine for the numbers on the back. I started with 961001G795AMD or AMX and it showed me some instrument panel clusters so that was funny!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts