Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a 2010 Kia Soul with just over 100,000 miles on it -- been a great car so far but an oddball issue has cropped up which I haven't been able to get any traction on searching the forums thus far and hoped folks here might have some insights into or troubleshooting tips.

This unit has factory CC with controls on the steering wheel -- a large "On/Off" button, a large "Cancel" button and a +/- toggle. I use cruise a lot so I noticed right away one day when it wouldn't come on (pressed the On/Off button and the "cruise" light doesn't come on on the dash). I made a note to check it but after turning the car off at my destination and back on, the problem went away.

Unfortunately, it came back a few days later (right before a road trip, of course!) and now it's persistent.

There hasn't been any service to the car recently and it's experiencing no other issues. Other buttons on the steering wheel work properly. The brake lights are working properly and I've inspected the switch which appears to be in good working order and well adjusted. There doesn't appear to be a fuse dedicated to the CC. And I've verified it's actually not working (eg. it's not just a burned out bulb).

Any thoughts on how to diagnose this would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts