Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Kia Sorento LX (2,4L) and recently the heater temperature is lower than normal. I originally thought the thermostat might be stuck open but local mechanic said that would not be my problem. I have slightly warm are coming into the car and adjustment to the temperature control do not raise the air temperature beyond warm (not hot or very warm) From the mid point of the temperature control and lower the temp decreases from warm to cold but raising the temp control above mid point does not increase temperature beyond warm. Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,196 Posts
I have a 2012 Kia Sorento LX (2,4L) and recently the heater temperature is lower than normal. I originally thought the thermostat might be stuck open but local mechanic said that would not be my problem. I have slightly warm are coming into the car and adjustment to the temperature control do not raise the air temperature beyond warm (not hot or very warm) From the mid point of the temperature control and lower the temp decreases from warm to cold but raising the temp control above mid point does not increase temperature beyond warm. Anyone else experience this problem?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/update-vehicle-information.342909/#post-2012499

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,239 Posts
You didn't say, so I'll ask the most basic question - did you check the coolant level at both the radiator and also the overflow tank?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,399 Posts
Along with the coolant question(good point) how is the engine temp? Normal,low?

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
101 Posts
Aside from these other ideas to check, have you pressed the A/C button on to see if any difference? Yes, even when the heat is on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts