Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Borrego 8 cyl 4X4 ... have had it into the shop numerous times to no satisfaction. The transmission gets stuck in gear (either 1st or 3rd) all lights come on on dash, and you cannot even put it into park until you put it first into neutral, turn off the ignition and turn it back on...then it will reset itself. This is frightening when it happens on the freeway with nowhere to pull over. When this happens the speedometer stops working (kinda of neccessary on freeway) and the vehicle revs at about 4...also, if stuck in a traffic jam and idle...the vehicle overheats...is fine when moving but overheats when idle. This has been brought to the shop 5 times for same thing...each time they return it to us indicating that the computer says there is nothing wrong!! Even brought it to them once and sat in parking lot till the mechanic came out while I couldn't put it into park and all lights on....he noted it...and then I showed him how I have to reboot the entire thing, I left it running while I went inside to make appt...when I came out, the antifreeze dumped all over the ground and it was overheated! got it back and all they did was replace the cap on the rad!

I don't know what else to do... I am so discouraged and afraid to drive the vehicle but I do not have any other option I only have the one. And when it goes into the shop it is often there for a week at a time and I have to rent a vehicle as I need one for my work. So I am also going broke as they wont give me a loaner as they say it is no longer their policy to provide loaners. The warranty is usless when you calculate what it has cost me in rental vehicles.

Can anyone help me with some advice?? PLEASE????:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts