Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the KIA Forum and just bought a 2010 Forte Koup SX manual 6 spd and love it!
I'm just wondering if any one has info on Technical Bulletins or recalls for this model?
Also, I have three things to ask about in particular.

1. Is there a software upgrade for the 'fly-by-wire' accelerator system? (too much lag, I put my foot down and I'm in for a let down)

2. Second gear is 'hard' to get into when cold, not grinding but tuff? (maybe Royal Purple time)

3. Does the tire pressure have to be so high? (50 PSI means a harsh ride)

Thanks

· Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1. You'll probably get used to the accelerator. Check that the carpet isn't preventing full movement. I personally hate the idea of fly-by wire on the accelerator.
2. An oil change might improve the gear-change, but I doubt it. Second gear gets a lot of use on "sports" cars and is often baulky when cold.
3. 36 PSI would be the usual advice for this type of car. 50 PSI is ridiculous; lower it quickly before you bust a tyre.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dr. Bob,
I think you're right on all counts and the tyres are inflated with nitrogen not air in this case. It's from the dealership that way. Also, to answer the other message.
This is a 2.4 litre 173 HP engine and I think it needs a tune up. I think I will change the transmission fluid as I think this car has been sitting around in Canadian winters for a couple of years. It was a 'repo' and only had 33,000 kms on it.

· Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
Thanks Dr. Bob,
I think you're right on all counts and the tyres are inflated with nitrogen not air in this case... this car has been sitting around in Canadian winters for a couple of years. It was a 'repo' and only had 33,000 kms on it.
Dealers pump up the tyres so they won't have to look at them while the car is in storage. Nitrogen, air or whatever else, it should not be 50 PSI. Manufacturer recommendation is 32 PSI, most use 36 PSI (cold). Happy motoring.

Just go easy on that first change to 2nd gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.