Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found rust on trunk door (station wagon model), beneath rear wiper, between body panel and window.

Not very visible, some discoloration - yellowish rusty colour and two small rust bubbles...

Been told by my buddy who's KIA mechanic in Denmark that it's known factory fault, they fix many of those issues, even guys from Korea came, took pictures and stuff in order to rectify problem...

Been to Kia here in Sweden, they took pictures and waiting to hear from them...

So, check your vehicle, right underneath rear wiper as well as around third stop light...

Btw, my Kia is 2010 with 96000 kilometers on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course Deeps. Hopefuly you'll be allright! Your car, that is...:)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Of course Deeps. Hopefuly you'll be allright! Your car, that is...:)
Thanks Dragan, as I live in sunny Scotland (although our weather is coming from your direction at the moment, very cold) and my car is usually garaged when it is not in use I seem to have avoided the tailgate rust problem, until now anyway. :)

·
Registered
Kia CEED SW CRDI 2009
7 Posts
Hello Dragan,

I saw that my car has started to rust at the exactly same place. Mine is a 2009 Ceed SW. Did they fix your car under warrranty?

Regards,

Aitor

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Aie, I bought the car at Bilpartner Malmö, so that`s the place where I went to have that rust issue fixed. They send me to their body shop, which is in another part of the city and dude working there took couple of pictures and told me he will phone me about date to bring my car in.

That was back in March. He never did call me. I went to see him twice more, only to be send off with the same message - he will call me. Which he, again, never did.

Well,I was about to contact Kia headquarters, Kia Europe, Kia Sweden and tell on them, but a few days ago I found aircon condenser to be broken, so it was back to Bilpartner, the place where I bought the car, not the body shop, where I reported the aircondition and the rust issue (again...), and they told me to bring the car in on August 7...

So no, haven`t been fixed yet, but hopefully soon...

Go to KIA and ask them to fix your car, it`s known factory issue, they not only deal with the rust, but put different hinges and spacer on the locking part of the back door, cos they found if the door is closed with more force than necessary, the bottom edge can hit the car body just around the rear bumper...

Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Aitor, my car is at the garage for AC and rust fix under warranty... It will take 1 hour to replace AC condenser and about 5 days for rust problem. I was hoping for the new trunk door, but no, they gonna deal with rust on one already on the car...

Have you done anything with your car yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts