Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sedona LX, 2008 Hyundai Sonata
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I have posted this thread in case it may help others.

I have found a touch up paint that seems to be an excellent match for the Red paint on the 2009 Kia Sedona.

It is Dupli-Color CBFM0344 Toreador Red Met. The funny thing is that this is supposed to be a Ford Colour.

For those Canadians on this forum, you can get it at Canadian Tire. It is a small spray can. I found that it is a much better match that the little touch up sticks that the dealer sells. Those are the wrong colour and wrong texture, so they stick out like a sore thumb.

During the winter, I must have hit something in a snow drift, because I had some paint peeling on the lower right side, near where the fog lights would be on the EX trim.

I used this paint to touch up the area, and it blended in very well. You have to look very closely to see where I had sprayed the paint.

Cheers.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Sherwin-Williams is the company who makes Dupli-color - and they are an OEM paint supplier for Kia, so it doesn't surprise me too much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sherwin-Williams is the company who makes Dupli-color - and they are an OEM paint supplier for Kia, so it doesn't surprise me too much.
The funny thing is that the master list in the store only shows black and grey tints of paint for that model year. All the other shades are "Not Available". I found this one by taking a few of the paint chips that were peeling off, and took 3 close matches, and placed the chip on the top of the can and walked away about 10 feet.

Chrysler - too light
Nissan - too dark
Ford - just right

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
497 Posts
Was the Dupli-Color CBFM0344 Toreador Red Met paint a match for...

Volcanic Red Pearl Metallic Clearcoat 3H/3P
or
Claret Red Metallic Clearcoat 7P

Needing to touch up the van here....;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Was the Dupli-Color CBFM0344 Toreador Red Met paint a match for...

Volcanic Red Pearl Metallic Clearcoat 3H/3P
or
Claret Red Metallic Clearcoat 7P

Needing to touch up the van here....;)
Hi gtd2000, my colour code is 7P. I didn't know where to find my paint code before now. It is on the factory label on the driver's door frame.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi gtd2000, my colour code is 7P. I didn't know where to find my paint code before now. It is on the factory label on the driver's door frame.
H PCGuy - I actually ordered the duplicolor 344 Toreador Red code that you recommended (paint pen type) which has arrived but I've not collected it yet from the mail box. Same colour code 7P as yours too.

Lets hope it makes a good match - not that the local thunderstorms are going to allow that to happen today! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Duplicolor Paint NGFM344 Ford Mercury Toreador Red Metallic" a good match?

H PCGuy - I actually ordered the duplicolor 344 Toreador Red code that you recommended (paint pen type) which has arrived but I've not collected it yet from the mail box. Same colour code 7P as yours too.

Lets hope it makes a good match - not that the local thunderstorms are going to allow that to happen today! :rolleyes:

Kia /Hyundai Paint CODE 7P
Claret Red Metallic Clearcoat

Application 'Mini-Van"
Kia Sedona 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012
Hyundai Entourage, re-badged Kia Sedona 2006,2007,2008,2009

Hey gtd2000,

Looking for touch up, (tube) and spray to touch up some places. :(

Was the "Duplicolor Paint NGFM344 Scratch Fix 2 In 1 Ford Mercury Toreador Red Metallic" touch up paint a good match?

Oh, I need to redo a section of the pin-stripes.... (I think they are grey?) Any info on a source?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Was the "Duplicolor Paint NGFM344 Scratch Fix 2 In 1 Ford Mercury Toreador Red Metallic" touch up paint a good match?

Oh, I need to redo a section of the pin-stripes.... (I think they are grey?) Any info on a source?

It wasn't an exact match and I found the paint to be a bit on the thin side in my experience but it certainly looked better than the condition before the paint was touched up.

So if you can pick it up for a low price and you are not worried about a 100% colour match it will do the job.

If you want it to be 100% then it might be a better idea to source some factory paint via the dealer network?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.