Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was cleaning my Sportage and doing some regular maintenance I noticed my rear wiper blade needed to replaced.

I went to three different stores and none had a rear wiper blade listed in their system. They helped me try to find a fit with something that was in stock, but nothing fit correctly.

Just to get by I bought a standard 13" wiper blade. The pin in the middle of the bracket was smaller than the old blade. I put some electrical tape to make up the difference. I will replace the blade when I find the right one.

Does anyone know where I can get a rear wiper blade for a 2009 Kia Sportage LX 2.7 V6?

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
No one in my area had a listing for mine either . Got it from the dealer at twice the price. I could have order one on line but wasn't sure it would fit, it seems to be a special one for kia.
Chief

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
It is a dealer OEM item only. For what reason is unknown. No one wants to make an aftermarket one I guess.

And its not all that cheap either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one in my area had a listing for mine either . Got it from the dealer at twice the price. I could have order one on line but wasn't sure it would fit, it seems to be a special one for kia.
Chief
How much did you pay for the wiper blade at the dealer?

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Got mine in n.h. I think it was around $15.00. Hopefully you can do better.
Chief

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
Where cheif? capital city kia and berling city kia want upwards of 35.

·
Registered
Sportage 05, 2.7l, 2WD
35 Posts
What I have done back in 2008 was to purchase a 13" off the shelf wiper and simply transfer the rubber blade to the original wiper. Actually, only the rubber blade is wearing normally.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey 1fastkia; it was in keene, n.h. It was just the blade not the arm. Seen them online for $10. + shipping.
Lesso2 ; try that also had to bend the retaining tabs .the kia blade seems to be narrower .
Chief

·
Registered
2011 LX Sportage AWD Mineral/Silver; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650
63 Posts
Yep-er, the rear blade is a OEM only. I purchased it for $20.00 at my local dearler. At this time no one second sources it. Full set of blades at the Kia Dealership was $44.00. Have a good one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys, i saw one when i was buying some other parts. i didnt actually got one but i asked just of curiosity, it was 11.00 USD. the catch is its in UAE (United Arab Emirates) so i think shipping is more expensive than the item. unless your going to buy in bulk. or if you know someone here, that could really help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts