Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2009 Optima that the blower motor just stopped working on. I cannot find the blower relay.
The 40 amp fuse in the engine compartment is good. The 10 amp in the passanger compartment is dead on both sides. According to the wiring diagaram it is fed from the blower relay, aldata says the relay is on the passenger compartment fuse block but there are no relays there.

Any help locating this would be appreciated.

John

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
The 10A "Module 2" fuse feeds the control side of the blower relay, not the other way around. The key needs to be on for it to have power. It gets power from the IG2 circuit, directly from the ignition switch. Does the AC control head light up? Do the headlamps and wipers still work?

Recheck your power and grounds. If you still don't have power to it, and the lights and wipers work, and the other AC controls light up, you may need an IP junction box. If the other items don't work as well, it could be a wiring issue or a bad ignition switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 10A "Module 2" fuse feeds the control side of the blower relay, not the other way around. The key needs to be on for it to have power. It gets power from the IG2 circuit, directly from the ignition switch. Does the AC control head light up? Do the headlamps and wipers still work?

Recheck your power and grounds. If you still don't have power to it, and the lights and wipers work, and the other AC controls light up, you may need an IP junction box. If the other items don't work as well, it could be a wiring issue or a bad ignition switch.
Interesting, the wiring diagram shows that the fuse is hot with blower relay on.

Everything else works AC head lights up. Sister in Law parked and went into store, when she came back out and started it, no blower. I will check all the fuses just for the heck of it whenever the rain finally stops.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
Interesting, the wiring diagram shows that the fuse is hot with blower relay on.
I just checked wiring diagrams for auto and manual AC and both show the fuse feeding the relay. It should have power on both sides with the key on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts