Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 kia spectra5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum. I just bought a used 2009 kia spectra5 with blown speakers. I bought new cheap speakers from walmart. When I installed them. Although they were 6.5 inch, they did not fit! they were too small. Well I used zip ties to get it in there, but now the back of the speaker is causing problems for the window to lower. Any ideas of quick fixes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
your going to need to get 6x9's.... thats the next step up from the 6x5's. and no the speaker should not have anything to do with your window going up or down. its most likely either a bad switch or window motor.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
You will have to get some thiner speakers for your door. A lot of speakers are to thick and will have clearance problems with the window. And yes you need 6 x 9 speakers. I would suggest going to some place like Best Buy or online to buy some speakers. You will then be able to look up what speakers that will fit your ride. Yes you will pay a little more, but you will get quality speakers that fit. Remember, you get what you pay for.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
You will find that most speakers replaced in the Spectras have been mounted in the frame of the original speakers... Just tear out the cones/voice coil and cut away the magnet structure..and instantly you have a custom mounting "kit" to mount your replacements into...I did that with my wife's 07 Spectra.
Dave...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts