Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2009 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First time poster, so thanks for taking my question and helping out in any way.

A while back the Overhead Lamp Assembly (aka Lamp Assembly-Room) broke. Because it was breaking in pieces, I took the entire assembly out and tucked the electrical connector up into the foam area.

I just bought a new lamp assembly to put back in and realized I didn't keep the bolts to reinstall it...or at least didn't put them in a place where I remember storing them. 馃え馃槙

Does anyone know either a) the size of the bolts, or b) where I can order the bolts individually? I checked on several parts websites and can't find anything helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Registered
2009 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey everyone, it's been 4 days and I haven't gotten a response. Just wanted to check again to see if anyone had any info that could point me in the right direction. Thanks again!

Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
I don't think many people here have had to take those out so no one here probably knows. I suggest, if you can, roam your local salvage yard for another 1st gen Sorento and see if you can obtain some fasteners that way.

You can try this, but not sure you can just buy the 'screws'...

Parts - KiaPartsNow.com

Registered
2009 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks swampdodo and gee6.

I had thought about trying a few different sizes to see if anything fits, especially since they are not a critical connection or bearing any load. A salvage yard is a good idea too.

I appreciate your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.