Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sedona LX, 2008 Hyundai Sonata
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I am going to install a new Kenwood DNX 5190 with GPS.

I have a 2009 Kia Sedona LX Convenience Package, a Canadian vehicle.

I already have and after market system installed (it broke, but that is another story), so there is a KIA to after market stereo wire harness already installed.

I have to after market mounting bracket so this seems pretty straight forward. Fist remove the negative battery terminal, and match each wire as I cut and splice the new system to the wiring harness. then plug in the wiring harness and reinstall the battery terminal.

The only thing that has me stumped is the parking sensor wire. For maximum safety the user's manual says that this should be installed (to disable the viewing of DVD's from the main screen while driving, etc.). Where is this sensor or wire located so I can splice it in?

They guy who sold me the mounting bracket gave me one of those "You didn't hear this from me but..." and said If I am installing it myself then I could just ground the parking sensor wire to the chasis or the grounding wire, but if it is professionally installed then they have to connect it properly...

They would charge $180 Canadian plus tax to do the install that I could easily do myself except for that one little wire.

Thanks for your help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts