Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help my older neighbor with her car trouble, its a automatic rio with 75k(timing belt has been replaced).
Here is the story, car was driving and engine died, and wont restart. I towed the car to my house thinking probably the fuel pump. However, before I start putting in a new one, I notice the radio isnt working, clock isnt coming on, fuel gauge doesnt move either when ignition is on, all the fuses seem ok. (blower fan will turn on, trunk open light will illuminate, odometer will display), Car seems to crank ok. Call neighbor and says she has had to get a jump a couple times in the past week but that doesn't really help me also car was hit on driver fender and headlight, still damaged but that was 2 weeks ago
Any ideas, I am just trying to be a good Samaritan and help my neighbor its her only car and its been really rainy here in Oregon. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Sometimes jump starting the Rios will blow the coil and radio fuses in the in-car fuse box. The coil fuse is marked as such and the audio fuse is in the powersaver fuse holder. It has 2 fuses in it, and will need removed, the fuse replaced if needed, and then re-installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I will check those fuses again, thank you. Does anyone know if there is a different fuse for all the cig lighters or clock? Thank you for all your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts