Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009/09 Kia Ceed 1.6 GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a very nice 2009 (pre-facelift) Kia Cee'd and I am about to embark on the installation of a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth unit using the guide that can be found on this forum.

Before I embark on this mission I have a couple of outstanding aspects to decide on to try and make this a single job and I am hoping one of the many people who have installed a Parrot system in their Kia could help.

The Parrot offers 3 mute options and from posts here it seems that one stops the speedo working and another is affected when you switch the headlights on. So which mute doesn't do either of these but instead mutes the call?

Secondly can the power be installed as standard or do I need to reverse them to ensure the unit switches off at ignition removal and doesn't flatten the battery?

Finally any other hints or tips people would like to share that they found useful about the installation?

Thanks in advance all.

·
Registered
2009/09 Kia Ceed 1.6 GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I went and installed it and overall it was a simple affair with a couple of hiccups that were overcome except for one....

When I make or receive a call with the Parrot I hear the relay kick in to cut off the radio and I can hear the caller, they can also hear me nice and clear.

The problem is their is a low level white noise like hiss my end which is not coming from the caller and they cannot hear.

This problem occurs whether the radio is on or not and does not change in volume when I change the volume via the Parrot. It occurs with the car engine on and off and it occurs whether I have the yellow mute cable plugged into mute 3 (the mute I think is te one to use) or unplugged.

Does anyone have any ideas because it is currently spoiling what is otherwise a nice installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts