Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd 2009
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm writing this on behalf of my dad who owns the car, we're hoping someone could help diagnose this issue before we take it into the garage tomorrow. Earlier today my dad was driving his Petrol 2009 Ceed and said he stalled the vehicle,but the engine didn't completely stall and immediately after he noticed the engine light flashing, we're aware you should stop in your tracks at this point but he was close to home and so he continued on. The car wasn't performing as usual and was in limp mode, on top of this he said he felt the car "rocking" in an unusual way when stopped at a traffic light and along with this smoke was coming from the exhaust.

Might not be possible to pinpoint the exact issue, but any help at all would be appreciated. Also is it possible to get an engine light from the vehicle without an OBD scanner? I know some cars display it after turning the car on and off 'x' times.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,003 Posts
Hello,

I'm writing this on behalf of my dad who owns the car, we're hoping someone could help diagnose this issue before we take it into the garage tomorrow. Earlier today my dad was driving his Petrol 2009 Ceed and said he stalled the vehicle,but the engine didn't completely stall and immediately after he noticed the engine light flashing, we're aware you should stop in your tracks at this point but he was close to home and so he continued on. The car wasn't performing as usual and was in limp mode, on top of this he said he felt the car "rocking" in an unusual way when stopped at a traffic light and along with this smoke was coming from the exhaust.

Might not be possible to pinpoint the exact issue, but any help at all would be appreciated. Also is it possible to get an engine light from the vehicle without an OBD scanner? I know some cars display it after turning the car on and off 'x' times.

Thank you.
It would be good if you could give just a little more info, such as mileage, service history, when last the oil and oil filter was changed, air filter - does that model have a timing belt and if so when last was it changed.
There's no way to recover the stored error code without a code reader/scanner and if you could make it to a parts store they'd read it free of charge.

Without the code, and the lack of information would leave it open to wild guessing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts