Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Borrego v6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow .. so YOU are the Expert!!! Thank goodness. Saw your thread’ stuck in park all warming lights are illuminated.3408’. Been looking for answer for six months or more and Kia won’t let me talk to a mechanic here in Nashville. I have great mechanics but they couldnt figure this one out. Mine started with not being able to be put back into park. Not all the time but then it got continuous pretty much. Then when I could at times couldn’t get the key out. Was told to have the key ‘thing’ fixed, I did. Eventually it started to sputter, kind of and ever so slightly. Then one day I had my rescue dogs w me and I was luck to coast back into my driveway and it died. Felt like it kept dying around the block and I had to keep pushing the gas a lot. Made it in my driveway. My mechanics are one block away so got it there and put in park. And lots of instrument panel lights. There it wouldn’t come out of Park even w the release pushed in and tried. They Did truly try but couldn’t come up w an answer and sadly told me to go to Kia which they hated to do w the dealerships around here. (Also they are not familiar at all w the borrego and have never had one there). I have been starting it to keep it going and ‘one’ day it sounded like I had rocks or branches in the engine or belts getting crunched up very loudly. It stopped about 15 seconds in. I have been driving my old 2000 mercury mountaineer since last fall since I am tight on funds as I take care of my 92.5 yr old Marine Veteran dad in Texas. I live in Nashville. I’m going to get a video of it I hope but don’t think any dealer here will let me show a mechanic much less talk to him. I also have printed out everything I can that directs towards this and highlighted. Doubt they’ll look at that either, but I’m trying. Bed. Researching for six months at least. One dealership keeps telling me how much diagnostics are for one hour and it will probably take many hours. ( Lol and ugh) my dad was an inventor and he originally was a mini car driver and then tool and dye maker so I got lots of education on listening, and being as specific as I can. I see you are much revered on the forums and hoping if you even get this, you ‘might’ have and idea?! Maybe hopefully?!!! Lol again? This borrego has ac and a compressor replaced last year or year before and really need it for the summer for dogs. I can handle it but need to be fair to them as yep are old and sick but happy so .. ty SOOOO much. And I actually and very interested in your opinion. Loved your forums. Ty

1 - 1 of 1 Posts