Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2009 Borrego With The V-6 Engine.(automatic Transmission)when I Am Traveling Up A Grade The Vehicle Will Not Shift Out Of 3rd Gear. I Had The Vehicle At The The Dealer The Other Day To Show Them The Problem. We Were Going 85 Mph And Red Lining The Tachometer It Will Not Shift. The Dealer Called Me A Day Later And Said The Kia Rep Said This Is Normal. You Have To Manually Shift To 4th Gear. Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

·
Registered
70 Posts
That does not sound normal. I noticed the other day (only drove mine a few times thus far) when I was going up a small slope at around 40 the suv did down shift on its own to give me more power up the hill. Had to depress gas pedal just a little bit more. My mazda looses power on that same hill unless i really step on the gas.

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Borrego
30 Posts
I have noticed on grades that my borrego (also v6 auto) is slow to shift from 3rd to 4th ...but it does. It revs much higher than my old suv. I also notice that when it doesnt shift up there sometimes seems to be a lot of empty gas pedal. I have been told (though not entirely sure and I'm playing with it right now) that being in eco mode can make a difference because it slows the shifting of the transmission....to keep the vehicle driving economically. Obviously that could make a difference, Im not sure, but Im playing around with it a little bit more

·
Registered
Kia Mohave EX 3.8, Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 2006 and and a Citroen C3 1.4
134 Posts
They said it is Normal????? Your dealer is treating its customers like children. Tell the to F*** off and repair it. My transmission sometimes shifts extremely late when accelerating. Goes up to 6000 before finally changing. But i never had the problem of the transmission not changing at all. I had another problem though. I was cruising on the highway and my car wouldn't change down from 5th gear at all. I had to stop, turn off the car and start it again in order to fix it. Never occurred again though.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I had that same problem....

I had a similar isssue, but since the dealer reprogramed the transmission, it is shifting fine. Definitely a lot more responsive to pedal input. There is a TSB on the 09 Borrego for this issue, so I would have the dealer do this reprograming. Good luck.

I have noticed on grades that my borrego (also v6 auto) is slow to shift from 3rd to 4th ...but it does. It revs much higher than my old suv. I also notice that when it doesnt shift up there sometimes seems to be a lot of empty gas pedal. I have been told (though not entirely sure and I'm playing with it right now) that being in eco mode can make a difference because it slows the shifting of the transmission....to keep the vehicle driving economically. Obviously that could make a difference, Im not sure, but Im playing around with it a little bit more

·
Registered
Kia Mohave 2011
2 Posts
I have kia borrego 3.8L V6, model 2011. The problem is opposite, the transmission is shifting too early at 40kph it is already in 4th gear, i have to press too much gas to accelerate. When i use manual shift to 4th gear at 60kph, it is seems perfect timing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts