Kia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
09 Borrego, 2011 Soul , 80 Fiat 2000
4 Posts
I have a EX V6 2WD get about 16 MPG here in Atlanta traffic, highway about 20 and my best of 23 on the original Hankook tires. I replaced them and will be checking more in the next few months.
FYI the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour are very nice!. softer ride, better traction and much quieter..

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I have a EX V6 2WD get about 16 MPG here in Atlanta traffic, highway about 20 and my best of 23 on the original Hankook tires. I replaced them and will be checking more in the next few months.
FYI the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour are very nice!. softer ride, better traction and much quieter..
That is about what I am getting in atlanta also. I have the michelin lat tour tires which are great. But when it comes time to replace them, I will have to compare to the BF long trails. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 American, 1 Korean & 1 Belgian
5 Posts
Don't Forget About the Wind

I have a V6 2WD Borrego and have been averaging 17 to 20 MPG per tank full depending on % city/% highway amount of driving without towing a load and light wind conditions. I commonly tow a 2,000 pound load long distances on a low to moderate hilly freeway @ 70 MPH and I have been averaging 16 MPG. You can do better or worse than these numbers but the MAIN factor for the difference will be the wind direction and not some aftermarket gismo.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
With my 8 cylinder, I am getting about 17-18 average. The best I have gotten on a long trip is 23. My dad has an EX V6 and we get about the same exact mileage. Perhaps because the 8 cylinder has a 6 speed vs the 5 speed in the 6 cylinder. Anyways, still loving the Borrego. Looking at the Michilin Lat tires too. 42,000 on the original Hankooks. They have been decent tires.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
With my 8 cylinder, I am getting about 17-18 average. The best I have gotten on a long trip is 23. My dad has an EX V6 and we get about the same exact mileage. Perhaps because the 8 cylinder has a 6 speed vs the 5 speed in the 6 cylinder. Anyways, still loving the Borrego. Looking at the Michilin Lat tires too. 42,000 on the original Hankooks. They have been decent tires.
I was wondering if any V8ers would chime in. I also drive the EX V8 and consistently average 16.5-17.0 mpg with about a 50-50 hwy/city usage. I also averaged 23 mpg on a road trip. 39000 on my Hankooks and they probably have another 6-8k left. Because of this forum and reviews on Tire Rack, I will also be getting the Michelin Latitude tires.

·
Registered
2 American, 1 Korean & 1 Belgian
5 Posts
Sounds Like a New Thread

Why not start a new thread for V8ers so that the Title of this thread is correct for users??

·
Registered
26 Posts

24.4 Is my highest I've ever got. I over inflate the tires to about 42 psi to reduce rolling resistance and this reading was while doing 55 to 60 mph on a highway. I can do it consistently if I keep the tires inflated to that pressure and drive gently at 55 to 60.

I average around 17 though with lots of city driving. On the highway at 85 mph I average 18-19.

My wife likes to let the air out of the tires. Often the tire pressure light is even lit up on the dash. It drives me crazy. She says she likes the more stable less twitchy. I say she's lazy and wasteful, but what are ya gonna do.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
42 psi? I don't blame your wife. The suspension on these is stiff enough. Increasing the tires 10psi above recommended doesn't seem safe either. I would rather have a safe stable vehicle than 1 more mpg. Just my opinion.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts