Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2008 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please give me a simple answer! Where is entrance for fresh cabin air intake. How are rodents gaining access? Is it possible to install some type of metal mesh/screen in order to prevent access. I have had a history of mice/rat infestations on top of filters for cabin air. I have lost count of how many sets of filters I have replaced due to contamination.

· Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
186 Posts
Can someone please give me a simple answer! Where is entrance for fresh cabin air intake. How are rodents gaining access? Is it possible to install some type of metal mesh/screen in order to prevent access. I have had a history of mice/rat infestations on top of filters for cabin air. I have lost count of how many sets of filters I have replaced due to contamination.
Not sure on Sorentos...but most vehicles pull in fresh air from underneath the window cowl area...

· Registered
2008 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure on Sorentos...but most vehicles pull in fresh air from underneath the window cowl area...
That would be the area about which the windshield wipers are mounted, is that correct? There are two areas that the plastic is slotted/ vented. It doesn't look like mice/rats could gain access there. Any thoughts?

· Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
186 Posts
That would be the area about which the windshield wipers are mounted, is that correct? There are two areas that the plastic is slotted/ vented. It doesn't look like mice/rats could gain access there. Any thoughts?
Right.

They could be coming up underneath or somewhere through the firewall...that barrier between the engine bay and passenger compartment. The firewall does have access points for wires, cables, hoses and the steering wheel shaft. You might check those areas.

Also, you might want to check underneath the vehicle...make sure you are not missing any body plugs, which are usually made of some type of rubber.

· Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
2,292 Posts
Not too big a job to remove the slotted scuttle. Check to ensure the area is clean - if anything did get in there (and mice can get through seemingly impossible gaps) any debris might just be drawn into ventilation system by air pressure). You can also check your sunroof drains (if you have sunroof) are clear while in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.