1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento EX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Codes:
P2138
P2122
P2106
ESC code cutting my power significantly.
Am trying to find a shop to get fixed.

Have appointment next week at Kia dealership. Wonder what might cost at Kia dealership?

Any ideas as to what and where the sensor is located?

Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
P2138 is usually generated by the throttle position sensor on the throttle pedal. Likely the other codes are being generated because of that (the system is not trusting the accelerator) and going into 'limp home' mode (P2106). (Mind you, not my area of expertise :) )

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento EX
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Limp Mode.
As in the Title, Check Engine Light is on, and so is the ESC light, and immediately goes into Limp Mode.

I looked in the manual, but does NOT say when ESC light comes on, the vehicles goes into Limp Mode.

Any thoughts?

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento EX
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to add that the light says ESC.

Not ESC OFF and not ESC ON

Thank you.

Registered
2008 Kia Sorento EX
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P2138 is usually generated by the throttle position sensor on the throttle pedal. Likely the other codes are being generated because of that (the system is not trusting the accelerator) and going into 'limp home' mode (P2106). (Mind you, not my area of expertise :) )
A mechanic (not KIA) put in a new throttle pedal and electronics that came with it, today. He took the car for a spin and the same thing resulted. Check Engine Light came, the ESC light came on. He thinks a computer needs to be refreshed. He tried it with 3 different instruments but no luck. When the car is left sitting with engine OFF for a while, the Check engine light comes back on, but the ESC light is off, and the car is not in Limp Mode. However, a few minutes later the ESC light comes back on and the engine goes back into Limp Mode.

Sorry for what is a duplicate post today, I had forgotten that I has posted the happenings a couple of days ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts