Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sedona EX -- L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Sedona that I have installed a trailer hitch on for light towing. The hitch lowers the ground clearance and I often scrape leaving parking lots and drive thru's. I keep a lot of tools and equipment for work in the van also which adds to rear weight. What are my options to raise the rear end? I have looked at air shocks, air bags, and springs would like to hear your experiences on what worked for you. Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sedona 3.5L
19 Posts
I bought a Sienna with a adapter for the ball that hung down from hitch that had to be removed as it dragged on the driveway slope, removed that part and the plan is to get one that angles upward. That's likely not much help in your case. There probably isn't many Sedona owners who increased their ground clearance but you check the Sorento models and Hyundais with similar suspensions.

·
Registered
2008 Sedona EX -- L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2008 Sedona that I have installed a trailer hitch on for light towing. The hitch lowers the ground clearance and I often scrape leaving parking lots and drive thru's. I keep a lot of tools and equipment for work in the van also which adds to rear weight. What are my options to raise the rear end? I have looked at air shocks, air bags, and springs would like to hear your experiences on what worked for you. Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Thanks. After looking, nobody seems to make air shocks that I can find. My shocks are toast, so I ordered new KYB's, they will match what are on the front. Options for raising are air bag or Timbren/Sumo type spring helpers, or spring helpers. Air bags seem prone to failure, the winters here wouldn't help either, I'd imagine. So I am leaning toward Timbren or Sumo. But a cheaper spring insert may work, just need to be sure it stays in place on rough roads.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
164 Posts
Another option is to contact a company that specializes in springs like Detroit Spring. They may be able to make custom springs for the rear of your van with a higher spring rate.

·
Registered
2008 Sedona EX -- L
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good tip, trackerrr, I will look into it! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts