Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I ahve a 2008 Rondo with the 2.4l engine. I was looking at changing the spark plugs. Looking at the engine cover I didn't notice any bolts to take the cover off. Do you just pull the cover off? I don't want to start yanking on the cover and breaking it. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had mine removed for about a year now so if I remember correctly, there are 2 or 3 little bolts that take 10mm size socket then you do pull it off. The others are held on by clips. If you want me to confirmed, let me know and I'll double check for you.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
On the my Rondo with the 2.4L that you have, you pull up on the front of the cover. It's held in place by two rubber post/ball things on the front, then the back are two curved clips. So, the process is, pull up on the front of the cover first, then keep pulling up and towards the rear of the engine bay and the cover comes off. No bolts, no socket needed.

When doing the spark plugs, you will need a 10mm socket to remove the bolt holding on each coil pack, then a long extension and a spark plug socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts