Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rio Sx
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So my 99 sephia finally gave up the ghost after taking a nice impact and now I have an 08 Rio SX. I am curious if it is possible to add keyless entry to it since it currently has manual doors. I've heard about issues with the door latches not being copmpatible with most aftermarket actuators and I was curious if any you awesome folk could help shed some light on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio5
44 Posts
It is a full days work since you have to wrangle the door panels off and rig up the actuators. Then you have to string wiring through to the interior of the car.
The main incompatibility I had was that the front doors use a wire wrapped in a plastic sheath to operate the locks while the rears were just straight solid metal. So I had to cut the sheath (while trying not to cut the wire) and attach the actuator. Seems to work fine as I've had it installed for a year now.

Took me about 2 days total (I didn't the front, rear and hatch doors on different days).
Overall it has been great to have door locks plus I installed a remote starter and alarm at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts