Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Rio, Dodge Trucks, Hemis
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, got a situation here. The power windows won't work anymore on my Rio. Fuses are all good and the lock button position has been checked.

Thinking studying an electrical schematic is in order? Assistance will be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant find a free wiring diagram anywhere.

Since none of the windows work seems it could be the relay. Found that it's under the steering wheel on a Sportage, seems that's going to be the first place I look for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fault was the brake light fuse. Wondering if the failure was due to putting the boat in the drink with the lights plugged in or the extra brake light sockets I put on the tail lights. That's six brake light filiment's coming on?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts
You did well without the help of others...
You have found another "strange" fuse wiring (power windows and brake lights).
Another is the "dash lights and right rear tail light fuse".
Glad you got it corrected... A suggestion... use LED "bulbs" in place of the incandesant (fiiament type) bulbs on your trailer. They draw MUCH less current... Also unplug the trailer wiring before "dunking" it.
The site "kiatechinfo.com" has all the wiring and mechanical help you will ever need...just ask and I'll provide the proper way to get on this site.
Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thinking of the LED bulb upgrade. Yet the tow from here to Houghton Lake is 200 miles. The failure didn't happen till after I put the boat in the drink the third time. I will definitely unplug the trailer this time. Yet I won't be sitting around waiting for my tail lights to dry out. I'll keep an eye on it.

I did try to get info from Kiatechinfo.com, yet it seemed to only be for the mac operating system. Unless my ignorance has prevailed again, ha ! If getting on this site is a trick for windows let me know.

Kia Boy with Chris Craft in tow.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 Rio, 136K miles
77 Posts
In order for me to get Kiatechinfo.com to work, I had to use Internet Explorer browser on a windows machine. I was using Google chrome but no luck making it work. Perhaps you can try that.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
KiaTechInfo only works in IE. Don't bother trying anything else. Other people have, but its only caused grief.
Admit defeat before you try. :p

Also - Your wheels look fantastic. Can you post some better pics? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2008 Kia Rio LX power windows inop

Hey, thanks you guys are great. I'm using chrome, that must be it.

Packing up on my way to Peaches... Don't have any better pics of the wheels right now, when I get there I'll take some better pics of the wheels.

When I took my car in for warranty water pump replacement the guy talked me into tires too. That was a bad experience. I was going to complain to the company but I didn't. Maybe I'll should say something about it on here? Gotta go.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts