Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 2008
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My 2008 Picanto's headlight cover/housing lens is starting to discolor to an ugly yellowish color. I have observed that many other vehicle makes have this problem on vehicles 4 years old and up, depending on the amount of sun exposure the vehicle has.

Now I do understand that modern vehicle headlight covers are not made of glass anymore, nor have they been for some time. It has been replaced with a plastic/polymer type of material to cut costs, witch in my opinion is a load of crap. :mad: Now pathetically, we the general motor purchaser has to deal with this problem of discoloring headlights.

Does anybody have any further understanding of recommendations perhaps on how to combat this problem?:confused: Are there any cleaning/polishing agents to prohibit this, or are we all doomed to have the headlights replaced when they are dulled to such an extent that they look absolutely disgusting and may or not result in a traffic fine of some sort.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,573 Posts
Go to your local parts store, and buy a headlight polising kit. They work very well,and are cheap.

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 2008
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

Sorry to ask but would that be a KIA parts store or general Automotive supplier store? The leading Automotive outlets in SA namely Midas and AutoZone are not quite properly stocked for these things - can't even find a watermark removal product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts