Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm in South Korea, & I have some questions & comments.

First the Questions.
- How do I know if my 2008 Kia Pride / Rio5 has heated exterior mirrors? I bought a set from a salvage yard in Canada & upon arrival, the new to me heated mirrors don't have the "HEATED MIRROR" symbol engraved in the glass. Is there anyway to tell if the set I received are heated? I basically speak ZERO Korean, so taking the mirrors to the Kia dealership is going to be like pulling teeth.

- How are the heated mirrors activated? Is it the same button / switch as the rear defroster?

-Any recommendations for installing heated front seats? I've got some factory heated seat switches with pigtail wiring. I would just like name brand on aftermarket heating elements that will work.

Comments.....
- In Korea, the Rio / Rio5 is just badged as a PRIDE. No distinguishing between the sedan & the hatchback.
- On my Pride hatchback, the CHMBL is factory deleted.
- Cruise Control does not appear to be an option on these cars here. I've got radio controls & Bluetooth/ Phone controls on the steering wheel.
- The center rear seatbelt is not a shoulder strap. It's completely missing the center seat belt in the rear.

Pimp-My-Ride
- I've added the chrome tailpipe tip.
- Added mudflaps.
- Added window weather vents.
- Added a Rio5 spoiler.
- Swapped out the factory 14" rims for factor 16" rims, went wider tires, filled the wheel well more. This modification increased my turning radius & raised the car about a 1/2 inch higher off the ground. I'm thinking I'll need to get a BIG Hammer & "massage" the inner metal fender to get some of my turning radius back.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
J.Appleseed
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing