Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum but not to Kia! I did own a 2001 Kia Sportage, sadly it died. Loved Kia so much I bought a 2008 Kia Sorento and am in search of an owners manual. I did find and download one online but it keeps referencing Canada and the Key Fob does not look like mine at all! Is there a difference in the two owners manuals? If so, where can I find one that is USA specific?

Thanks in advance!
:)

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,576 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your stay.
kiatechinfo.com you have to sign up but it's free. It what we use here at Kia dealerships.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
If it means anything, the printed book that came with my '05 has a lot of canadian information in it. Can't say much about the Fob, since mine are aftermarket (previous owner installed a remote starter), I never received the factory ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am beginning to think the same thing about mine as the fob isn't the same here either....

oh well, it works haha

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I am beginning to think the same thing about mine as the fob isn't the same here either....

oh well, it works haha
What DOES your fob look like?

Mine are from DEI

and quite obviously not factory issued. The build sheet says remote was included, but I never got them. If you go to google image search and key in the fccid on the back, you'll find images of your fob, we might be able to track down an aftermarket accessory that's installed.

I didn't know what the * button did for a few weeks. With my setup, you have to hit the lock button then hold down the * for 3 seconds and the remote starter kicks in :) Just saying...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's long and thin and I did find a manual in the glove box which indicates it's after market.

but now I found out I have to open my hatch to fuel my vehicle???
Say what?
:eek:

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
it's long and thin and I did find a manual in the glove box which indicates it's after market.

but now I found out I have to open my hatch to fuel my vehicle???
Say what?
:eek:
Just get out, and open the fuel door. US model doesn't have any fancy release mechanism. At the most, you may have to gently push the door in to pop it out...

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
LOL yup....did that

feel like a dork right now :blush:
Could be worse. The interior controls are nearly identical between my Sorento and my wifes spectra (which DOES have a fancy latch on the floor by the drivers door)... But the fuel door is on driver side of the Spectra, and passenger side of the Sorento. I can't tell ya how many times I would get to the pump, get out, and realize the fuel door isn't where "it's supposed to be" for the car I'm driving that day!

It's a common sight to watch me pull up to the pump for passenger side, get out, get back in, switch sides, get out, realize the door can't just be opened, and have to open the driver door again. Wphew, tired just thinking about my normal routine ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts