Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all so my 08 Sorento LX 3.3L engine is having issues starting, i will turn the key and the entire vehicles electronics will go silent, no clicks or anything from the engine bay. it was suggested i put it in neutral and try to start it that way, that works for most of the time but very few times nothing at all. the mechanic i spoke with said it could be rather or both the parking and neutral gear sensor but i just need more opinions on this matter. Now my other issue and this one started at the same time/day as the not starting problem, driving down the road rather city or highway my suv will seem as fit its jumping or losing power and my headlights will dim if not go all the way off and come back seconds after. Could these issues be related? can they be super simple to fix like a simple fuse? i really like this suv and would like to keep it as long as possible, thanks for any suggestion and help. i will reply to any comments to the best of my ability

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,886 Posts
Check your battery terminal connections...particularly if you had recently replaced the battery. I've seen a number of posts made of similar sounding troubles and reports back that the connector(s) had worked loose.
I've run into this condition(loose connectors) a few times with my own rides when battery was replaced.posts and clamps not meshing well and staying tight. Thus having to do some "Rube Goldberg" cable end adjusting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your battery terminal connections...particularly if you had recently replaced the battery. I've seen a number of posts made of similar sounding troubles and reports back that the connector(s) had worked loose.
I've run into this condition(loose connectors) a few times with my own rides when battery was replaced.posts and clamps not meshing well and staying tight. Thus having to do some "Rube Goldberg" cable end adjusting.
i do need to get a new connection for the negative side of my battery, i will have to purchase a new piece tomorrow!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts