Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started having the following issues with my 2008 Kia Sedona. Lights come on now when the van is cranked up...even with the switch still off. They only work on low beam now and not high beams. Also the wipers will not park automatically when turned off, nor work on the intermittent setting at all. noticed also that the E-brake light is always on now even with the E-brake up/disengaged. Is this a turn signal switch issue? Does the switch control all these functions? Cheapest place to get a replacement part? Auto Zone is $119. How labor intensive is the job? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
This sounds like a fault in one of the modules, possibly the engine fuse box or the IPM. If certain faults occur, and codes are set, it enters a fail safe mode where the low beams stay on, the wipers only work on low, etc. You may want to have this properly diagnosed by the dealer, it will end up saving you money in the long run.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
432 Posts
I agree it sounds like a module. I would disconnect the battery for 30 seconds first to see if that resetts the module........or take it to a dealer for diagnosis. the switch most propbaly is not at fault.

Cheers
brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts