Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used 2008 Kia Rondo. When I bought it the horn didn't work. Even though it had a recent state inspection on it. Told car dealership & they had me carry it to a repair place to fix fix it and they paid for it. It worked when I received it back. Now about a month later it has quit working again. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did they do to fix it?

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
There could be many issues. When the shop fixed it, what exactly did they do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called shop yesterday. They said they just replaced a fuse. Said that the way the Rondo is wired, the horn also shares the fuse with one of the cigarette lighters. They asked me if I had charged anything up using one of them. Which I had. Charged my phone up. But I had done that many times previously and it never blew. They told me that if replacing the fuse didn't work I needed to bring it in.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
Well if the fuse is good at this time I'd be inclined to say the horn itself is bad or perhaps the clockspring. Definitely check the fuse first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the fuse and the horn started working over the weekend. Well today the horn stopped working so I replaced the fuse again and horn started working again. But also the ESC light has come on AND the check engine light has come on. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts