Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Sportage LX 2.0
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. A few weeks ago my rear wiper started to slow down as it went across the back window to clean it. Then it just stopped halfway through the cycle. You could still hear the motor firing and a "clicking" noise, but the arm wouldn't move. The next day it would work again. this pattern kept happening. Then last week it did the same thing and so I sprayed WD40 (at the base) on it and it seemed to speed up and work much better. However today we had a bunch of snow and on the second cycle it has now stopped again halfway across the window. the motor is still firing and I can hear the click, but doesn't move. I was thinking maybe need to tighten the retaining nut for the arm, and also spray more WD40, but i'm not sure how to access the nut. I can't figure out how to take off the cover from the outside, or inside to take a look at everything. Don't want to pry something off that shouldn't come off.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
2006 Sportage 2.0 CRDI XE
109 Posts
I had an issue with mine last year - it was making a groaning sound when wiping.... I used the attached diagrams to help me remove the motor assembly off the glass and repacked it with grease inside the motor housing.

Hope these diagrams will help you too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Sportage LX 2.0
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks so much. Ya that sounds like it, just adding some more grease to the motor...the blade moves now, but is sooo slow. Just out of curiosity when I go to take the motor cover off (the part that is on the inside of the back window), is it just something that pops off if I use a flat edge to pry it? Just don't want to pry and break it if there is another way to take that cover off.
Cheers Pips,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts