Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas on torque spec for the PCV valve? The valve I used to replace doesn’t thread in as far and just got me wondering if it should just be good and snug or does it need to thread all the way? everything seems fine no vibrations or weird rpms, but I also cleaned the idle air control valve and throttle body, so hoping that’s not covering up the valve not being seated correctly. Thanks for any and all input!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty thanks Dave I’ll keep an eye on it for a couple weeks. This is the first time I used a generic valve and it only threaded in halfway before getting tight, basically to the point where I felt afraid of either breaking the valve and/or stripping threads. The previous valves threaded basically 2/3 in - definitely not flush but further than the current valve. Long time lurker of this forum Dave, I’ve used your expertise many o’ times most notably the timing belt sticky. My third timing belt water pump replacement will be coming up in the future (unless some major complication happens) as the Spectra passed 235,000 miles last week. Thanks for all your contributions not to mention the many others around the forum as well - i have a personal goal of 300,000 miles which I don’t think is unrealistic with this vehicle. I have saved thou$ands with this forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you know that torque only used when only head gasket is done. Other bolts or screws should be snuged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts