Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2007 Spectra
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2007 Spectra that the A/C quit working. I live in Arizona, so this is important to me and my family. I replaced the blower motor, but it still doesn't move air. I know the new blower motor works, because I installed it into my friends car and it worked there. There is literally no air movement and the motor isn't spinning. I keep reading that people suggest the resister, and was wondering if anyone else had any luck, or ideas for me. I have already checked all of the fuses in the car as well.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
The resistor is under your golve box, when you check it make sure the wire harness that goes to it is ok, common for it to melt where it plugs into the resistor. A working blower motor is even more important here in the frezzing cold!!

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2007 Spectra
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quoted by a KIA dealership for $94 for the resister.... apparently my Spectra is right after they split, so I can't have the $45 one....... AAAAAHHHHHHHH..... guess I need to check the resister before I just buy it... I will check the wiring and see what I can come up with.... Any other input or info from anyone that has had this issue would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Give me the last 8 of your vin# and I'll get you a good deal shipped right to your front door. Send me a PM if you like, I've got it in stock, depending on your vin# and can ship same day.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
The 2007 Spectra does NOT use a resistor...it uses a FET (feild effect transistor) that is mounded in the same location where the 2006 and earlier Specs did mount a resistor... Looks to be a common problem that we addressed here a few times before... Go to a local bone yard and get the FET module and also the end of the wiring harness (chopped off) that connects to that module.. If you replace only one it WILL fail again... Cut off the melted plug and carefully match the wire colors..one at a time and splice the donor end on. If the car's ignition is OFF there will no need to worry about shorting anything out...
It's best if you use the parts from a 2007~2009 Spectra as they have the same "upgraded" wiring and parts.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts