Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 sorento LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Sorento sometimes has a problem starting. the battery is brand new. lights, radio, etc come on but car will not start. sometimes it takes 2-3 times other times it takes 5-6 tries before it starts. when i take it to the dealer of course it starts right away. there is no common thread in the starting problem. it happens in the morning and evenings, in hot weather and cold, rain or shine. dealer can find no problems with the car.

·
Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
74 Posts
You need to find a shop that has good diagnostic capabilities, because the symptoms you briefly described could be almost anything from the starter itself, to cables or wiring (corroded or loose), to the ignition switch or key, to the anti theft system (if equipped), to the ECM.

If you have any mechanical ability or feel comfortable enough to do so, you could check the wires and cables to and from the starter.

Also, do you have an aftermarket alarm or remote start system? If so, those have been know to cause problems like this...the most common solution was to completely remove it.

good luck.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento, 2006, 2.5 ltr, CRDi XT, Diesel Auto
12 Posts
My 2007 Sorento sometimes has a problem starting. the battery is brand new. lights, radio, etc come on but car will not start. sometimes it takes 2-3 times other times it takes 5-6 tries before it starts. when i take it to the dealer of course it starts right away. there is no common thread in the starting problem. it happens in the morning and evenings, in hot weather and cold, rain or shine. dealer can find no problems with the car.
Try getting a leak down test done on the injectors. The symptoms you describe are exactly those I had as well. The leak down test is very cheap, and will show up whether an injector (or 2) is leaking fuel into the overflow tube back to the tank rather than injecting it into the cylinder.

When I had mine done I found one injector had blown, so I replaced the injector, and after that it started first time every time.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
583 Posts
Check for codes first.
I had this happen to Forte very randomly, twice a week or so; pulled and spray cleaned MAP sensor - starts every time now.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,788 Posts
My 2007 Sorento sometimes has a problem starting.
I realise that we are discussing a V6 gas engine :) and few of the diesel remedies are relevant - but does the 2007 LX have an immobiliser? That could cause random starting issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts