Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a place to order these two parts for my 2007 kia sorento ex?

1. the grey plastic piece that snaps on above the passenger rear wheel well (i looked on KGIS but can't seem to navigate very well there. This piece was damaged by backing up with a trailer and forgetting there was a trailer :huh:

2. the gear shifter - i went to shift out of park and it completely fell apart into about 5 pieces. this was right after my wife drove the car for the first time, but of course she says she didnt do it... Looking closely at the shifter pieces, i can see in the middle there was a horizontal plastic piece around the area of the thumb-button, that plastic seems to have snapped off. It would appear that the plastic rod was the only thing holding the shifter together

I'm left with the silver stick sticking out of the console, with an angled black plastic piece attached to the top of it (the thumb button presses this down).

I have put everything back together and wrapped it with electrical tape, so the thumb-button does function and i can shift out of park... but the whole thing spins in 360 degrees, pulls straight off, won't last long

i really need to buy a new shifter but all i can seem to find online are knobs for manual transmissions. I figure since i'm doing this i may as well replace that fender trim too

where can i buy these parts? any part numbers, diagram or anything to go on?

Thanks so much for reading this and taking time out of your day to do what you do here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just found the right-rear wheel flare:
877903e500, list price around $60

anyone have some advice on how to remove the old one? will i need new gromets/brackets?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Using the Automotix DIY repair procedures will save you hundreds and even thousands of dollars! In addition, it will save you hours of touring the city searching for KIA mechanics you can trust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts