Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 2007 Kia Sorento LX from a local dealership and I absolutely love this car! I fell in love with it on the first test drive. However, there is only one thing that I can't figure out on it. I'm not too great at auto mechanics so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. The dome light when set to the door setting (middle button) I believe is supposed to light up when the door is opened. However mine does not. I turned the light to the on position and the light works fine. Is there something simple that I'm missing or is this something I'll need to take it to a shop to get fixed? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2007 4x4, Mercedes E200 Kompressor 2000
42 Posts
I have had two Sorentos. One was an 08, and the other one an 07. both have the same problem. I looked up the problem here and one mentioned the small diode near the fuse box next to your left foot in the driver's side. So, I tried that, but did not work. Not sure whether the diode I tried was bad to start with, or that was not the problem.

However, I friend of mine had the same problem, but the lights work only when it is too cold outside. Strange, huh???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts