Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sedona
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Kansas City, MO metro area. We got stranded 2 hours from home last night. Car wouldn't start after dinner. Got a jump but alternator must have been bad. Limped to a parts store. I've seen instructions on here for changing it. My question is, is it easy enough to get to? Can we change this thing in an O'Reilly parking lot? I've got help and tools and we're decent mechanics. Also, how long should it take? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,412 Posts
Check that fuses on the positive battery terminal are ok. One is for the alternator and I've seen them open if the jumper cables are not properly connected. Just something to check before you throw an alternator at it.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,109 Posts
I live in the Kansas City, MO metro area. We got stranded 2 hours from home last night. Car wouldn't start after dinner. Got a jump but alternator must have been bad. Limped to a parts store. I've seen instructions on here for changing it. My question is, is it easy enough to get to? Can we change this thing in an O'Reilly parking lot? I've got help and tools and we're decent mechanics. Also, how long should it take? Thanks!
You're in luck. I just did one today, same year too! Its not that difficult and no special tools required. It makes it easier to remove the top radiator support and radiator fan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts