Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my steering lock seized up on my 07 Optima, its just over the 60,000 mark.

1. The steering wheel was not locked and when it was locked the key would turn about 2cm to a position to unlock the steering lock but never turn anywhere near acc or on.

2. with the key inserted it would door chime if the door was open it just wouldn't turn.

3. there is a red and green wire that connects to the top of the steering lock/tumbler system, that I had cut this may have shorted but I am unsure after those were cut the interior lights, door chime, and the key chain thing that opens the trunk and doors do not work. Is there a fuse relay for this? none of the fuses under the fuse panel seemed to be blown.

4. I need to remove the steering lock/tumbler part there so that when the new one comes in I can just pop the new one in but I have had no luck thus far has anyone replaced theirs on a 06.5+ optima?

P.S. I basically deliver pizza for a living and have now lost 2 days 3 after tonight of work, The part I got is $155 so I am trying to do this with saving as much money as possible I have less than 400 to spend on the entire thing.

· Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,106 Posts
Fuses may not appear to be blown, but you should pull them one by one and check. Check the interior and underhood fuses. There is also a ATM key lock control module. Its possible that is also shorted out.

The ignition lock replacement states you should get the key in ACC mode in order to push in the lock pin, but I'm not sure if its possible with it not being able to get to ACC. Maybe someone else will chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.