Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day while I was driving home a pulley decided to kamikaze out with a bang. Luckily the adjuster bolt stayed in the engine bay, but the pulley was long gone and the belt was damaged. I decided to try and fix the belt and pulley myself but I'm having issues getting the new pulley to put tension on the AC belt. Am I missing hardware for the adjuster bolt? No matter how tight I make the bolt, there's zero tension added. Here's a picture of what's left for the adjuster bolt

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,379 Posts
We have an 09 model. You are lucky to still have the part that the long tensioning bolt threads to for tensioning, just need the nut for that part. Also be very careful as to what pulley and belt you try and install as there are 2 different belts/pulley that could be used and of different lengths. Wrong one will be too long and not tension up. Also NOT the most "out in the open" area to work with that tensioner set up, I know from doing timing belt and waterpump renewal last spring on ours.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have an 09 model. You are lucky to still have the part that the long tensioning bolt threads to for tensioning, just need the nut for that part. Also be very careful as to what pulley and belt you try and install as there are 2 different belts/pulley that could be used and of different lengths. Wrong one will be too long and not tension up. Also NOT the most "out in the open" area to work with that tensioner set up, I know from doing timing belt and waterpump renewal last spring on ours.
I was able to get a new nut for the pulley but do you know if i'm missing any hardware? Am I just installing the bolt wrong? I'm following this diagram to do the belts 2007 Kia Spectra Serpentine Belt Routing and Timing Belt Diagrams Also what do you mean about what pulley I get? Here's the part number for the pulley I bought 231141. I can give you the part number for the belts too if you want. I just wanna be safe that I got the right parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts