Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 kia spectra EX and my l/s turn signal in dash and outer light stay on my turn signals don't work and mechanic is telling me that there is no flasher relay that I'm going to have to by a new fuse box because it is integrated in it is this true? A new box cost up to 500 dollars any help please thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
The lamps are controlled by the BCM (body control module) and it is part of the fuse "box" in the cab. It is possible that the BCM is bad.. The BCM is not a high failure item but could fail... The good part is there are plenty of Spectras sitting in local salvage yards and the BCM is not an expensive item when bought there.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
NO...
You need to read up on what the bcm controls... "IF" the BCM is bad why not replace it and get on with life...
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my gf car. We haven't had it diagnosed, but the mechanic shop was able to pull the hazard light fuse which stopped the issued. We don't have turn signals at this time, but at least our battery isn't dying until we can get a permanent fix. Hope this helps somebody.

**Also, if this works for you please drive carefully, especially making left turns with oncoming traffic.**

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.