Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia spectra 5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my spectra there is a feature that when u turn key to on position it beeps twice to let you know its ok to start it again. and when you turn it off it will beep then one time to let you know its ok to to try and start it again. now heres the issue. a month ago back drivers door stopped locking on its own and i have to lock it myself. since then when I use the fob to lock it i no longer hear beep to know alarm is armed.
fast forward to today, the car is in complete panic mode and once in a while it will give me the beep with it on the on position to try and start it and now it wont start at all! i have checked every single thing that has to do with start up and this issue keeps arising and started as soon as that door stopped locking. i cant find any forum anywhere that has this issue. i want that security feature off!!!! i want to be able to use my car it is the only vehicle i have!! please someone help!!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,887 Posts
I have had 2006,2007,2008 Spectras and NONE of them "beeped" when the ignition switch was moved to any position... You say you have a key FOB but did not mention that it was a KIA FOB... It sounds like you might have an aftermarket remote entry / alarm system that is looking for a reply from the door(s) that it is actually "locked" BEFORE it would allow the beeps...
Aftermarket alarms/remote entry systems can be quite problematic... This system probably is defeating the engine start also as it thinks the protection loop (door locks) has been tampered with and it is being attempted to be stolen... The rear driver side door lock switch/assembly... is probably bad....
All this is a somewhat educated "guess"...
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts