Kia Forum banner

2007 Kia Sorento LX License Plate Lights not Working

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  gee6 
#1 ·
Hello,

I checked the bulbs for continuity and they are good. I checked the short harnesses with the bulbs for continuity, and they are good as well. All other rear lights are on, and I am not aware of any other lights being out. I looked for a potential fuse or relay, but nothing jumps out as addressing the license plate lights. I ordered an online manual to try to figure it out, but the link doesn't work and customer service is not available. Can someone help please! Let me know where I should be looking. Thanks!

#2 ·
iirc the plate lights are the only light circuit which passes through the rubber tube between body and hatch (at top by hinges). This area is known to be a potential problem area due to combination of frequent bending of wires (fatigue) and age. First step would be to verify continuity and voltage between body side and hatch side. How about rear wipers and rear glass heater? Although it is usually manifest in a single wire initially.

#4 ·
Apart from possible wiring issues, have you ruled out possible corrosion on the contacts in the lamp sockets. Checked for good voltage at the socket and/or at the wires to the socket? Check to see if lights flicker when opening/closing hatch.

(You can always check voltage at the glass heater terminals.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.