Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia Sedona
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought her 2007 Kia Sedona and the lights are flickering on it the alternator is jumping between 13 the needle won't stay steady it just keeps bouncing around on the meter I've checked the alternator and good battery check good any help appreciate it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
165 Posts
Check your battery connections for tightness and corrosion. Flickering lights are voltage fluctuations. Check the main wire connection at the alternator for tightness and corrosion.

A slipping belt will also cause flickering but you usually hear squealing with it also.

You didn't mention the mileage but with the age of the van you might have an alternator on the way out.

·
Registered
2007 kia Sedona
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your battery connections for tightness and corrosion. Flickering lights are voltage fluctuations. Check the main wire connection at the alternator for tightness and corrosion.

A slipping belt will also cause flickering but you usually hear squealing with it also.

You didn't mention the mileage but with the age of the van you might have an alternator on the way out.
It has 124048 mile . I clean battery cables and the needle on the battery test is jumping from 12 to 14 back and forth. I check it with lights on and ac run on high and it only show 12.5 is what it show now.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,959 Posts
What does the lights look like with the engine off?
If they look OK I would suspect that the alternator has problems (creating ripple)...
How did you "check" the alternator?
Check the battery connections from the negative wire connecting to the body of the car... Corrosion where the wire is attached (bolted) to the body is a common problem... Also check the heavy positive lead (usually red) going to the fuse box under the hood...
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts