Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a reoccurring problem I am having with my 2007 Kia Rondo.

Whenever it rains or it's moist out at all - my car will stall. The battery and engine light will come on - I lose power steering and have to pull over. It normally happens when turning - thankfully not on the highway yet. After pulling over it will restart in a few minutes. During dry conditions I have no issues whatsoever. :confused:

I have taken it to a repair shop but they cannot find anything wrong. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Banned
79 Posts
Take it to another shop, they obviously don't know what they're doing lol!!

Problems with a car stalling or power problems when it rains or is moist outside, is usually a problem with electrical parts (like plug wires, connections etc) not being sealed or protected from moisture, electrical parts enemy.

Cars stalling when going through puddles, when it rains etc usually need to have the plug wires, or connections between the battery and starter, alternator etc sprayed with a good quality 'anti moisture' spray. Spray/coat the wires where they plug into the harnesses etc, where the wires go over the plugs etc. Spray any electrical connector you can see or find as well. That is a good start, and might eliminate your problem. Check the fuse box in the engine, where the relays etc are, make sure there is no moisture getting in there, and if so, figure out where it's getting in, seal it up, spray it etc.

That's a good start. If that doesn't work, bring it to a dealer or reputable shop and see what they can suggest to fix the problem. A second opinion never hurts.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a reoccurring problem I am having with my 2007 Kia Rondo.

Whenever it rains or it's moist out at all - my car will stall. The battery and engine light will come on - I lose power steering and have to pull over. It normally happens when turning - thankfully not on the highway yet. After pulling over it will restart in a few minutes. During dry conditions I have no issues whatsoever. :confused:

I have taken it to a repair shop but they cannot find anything wrong. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have a kia Rondo 2010 same exact thing happens to mine.. and all Rondos across board and there is no recall for this. I filed a complaint with Kia USA and with the highway safety organization and on the highway safety there are more than 5 complaints for kia rondo owners with exact same problem and that’s just 2010 model other years are also affected. The above comment might be a good answer to help our issue.. best I’ve found so far bc no mechanic has any idea what happens.. guess they would have to drive a rondo through a puddle and slow down or turn and then they would see the fault! This is not just ur car it’s a Rondo thing. Also check for recalls there is a stop lamp switch recall and anti corrosion and evap component recall open free to fix on rondos. Most important being the stop lamp switch bc ur stop lights will randomly stop working!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,234 Posts
I have a kia Rondo 2010 same exact thing happens to mine.. and all Rondos across board and there is no recall for this. I filed a complaint with Kia USA and with the highway safety organization and on the highway safety there are more than 5 complaints for kia rondo owners with exact same problem and that’s just 2010 model other years are also affected. The above comment might be a good answer to help our issue.. best I’ve found so far bc no mechanic has any idea what happens.. guess they would have to drive a rondo through a puddle and slow down or turn and then they would see the fault! This is not just ur car it’s a Rondo thing. Also check for recalls there is a stop lamp switch recall and anti corrosion and evap component recall open free to fix on rondos. Most important being the stop lamp switch bc ur stop lights will randomly stop working!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts