Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Rondo LX V6 2.7L and I had problem a month ago when I was leaving my house the check engine light came on and the car would not accelerate (I could push the gas petal to the floor and the car would only go 15 MPH). The pocket scanner showed codes P0441, P1295, P2106, and P2135. My husband cleared the codes and the car worked fine. This morning it did it again. I called Kia dealership by me and the service tech told me the P0441 code was for purge control syloniod valve and the other codes were related to throttle position sensor. Once again, when the codes are cleared the car will work fine. Don't have a lot of cash (hubby just had surgery) and I do not know how much this would cost (we are 2nd owner and the car is not under warranty). If anyone has had this problem or perhaps knows a round about figure for how much this costs to fix please let me know. This is very frustrating and stressful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
I have a 2007 Rondo LX V6 2.7L and I had problem a month ago when I was leaving my house the check engine light came on and the car would not accelerate (I could push the gas petal to the floor and the car would only go 15 MPH). The pocket scanner showed codes P0441, P1295, P2106, and P2135. My husband cleared the codes and the car worked fine. This morning it did it again. I called Kia dealership by me and the service tech told me the P0441 code was for purge control syloniod valve and the other codes were related to throttle position sensor. Once again, when the codes are cleared the car will work fine. Don't have a lot of cash (hubby just had surgery) and I do not know how much this would cost (we are 2nd owner and the car is not under warranty). If anyone has had this problem or perhaps knows a round about figure for how much this costs to fix please let me know. This is very frustrating and stressful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There is a TSB regarding replacing the throttle position sensor and upgrading the ECM software. Some people have just replaced the sensor and not done the software upgrade without any issues, but it still would be a good idea to have it done.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
+1 on what Pacosworld said. Definitely advisable to get the reprogram done, as it can prevent certain O2 sensor DTCs from setting as well. If you plan on changing the part yourself, it is cheap. Less than $5 I believe.

The P0441 is for the purge solenoid. Also not extremely expensive, about $60. Not very difficult to change

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX 3.8V6 AWD/2007 Kia Rondo EX 2.7v6
31 Posts
I had the exact same issue....I changed the tps, which only cost me 14.00 from my dealer.....and prob solved, but still had evap p0441 code, so I changed the gas cap and so far....no probs...

·
Registered
2007 Rondo-LXV6 2.7L
5 Posts
I had the exact same issue....I changed the tps, which only cost me 14.00 from my dealer.....and prob solved, but still had evap p0441 code, so I changed the gas cap and so far....no probs...
my dealer is telling me that they have to replace the entire throttle body ....for around 3-400 dollars...

they say they cant get the tps itself

·
Registered
Kia Rondo LX
1 Posts
My Lazy Rondo

I too have a KIA Rondo 2007 LX and love it. Since October 15th, 2012 I have been experiencing the same symptoms as expressed by others where the engine light comes on and the car moves slow and lazy intermittently. I have to drive long distances sometimes and am afraid the car will stop on the highway or just slow down. Is there a recall on P2135, P2106, P1295 codes? I am told it's the Throttle body assembly that has to be replaced. I do not have $1,000 that they are claiming it will cost to repair. I see others indicate much less. What is the real cost to fix this problem?

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Tech/Premium; 2008 Rondo EX V6 7-seater
255 Posts
Is this issue known to affect only the 2007 model, or would any year Rondo V6 be possible? I have a 2008 V6 and don't have any problems, but wondering if I should connect a scanner to check if it is producing these codes? Or is there something obvious to tell you the car is throwing codes so you know to connect the scanner?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts