Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6 2.7L
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!!

I just purchased a 2007 Kia Rondo EX V6 2.7l (82752 kms) and I have a few questions...

Can I use a product like Engine Bright sold at Canadian Tire to polish up the engine...

Also I have tires installed under the brand name KUMHO with 95% tread life left. Upon leaving the dealer all tired were set to 27psi I immediately adjusted to 37psi (max 44 listed on wall). Are these good tires? Factory tires??

I have the the cars for a week now and its a pretty spiffy car that isnt afraid to burn thru alot of gas if I push good on the HWY...

P.S. Dealer wanted $579 + hst for 2 key fobs and a second key!! I found a company MR Remotes in Ottawa that is getting me one key fob and programming it for $50 total!! Appt at 9AM tomorrow, I'll let you know if they come thru!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing.. Haynes does not produce a repair manual for this model??? Is there a paper repair manual avail on the market?? I like to keep one in the car for Emerg.. ??

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Hi all!!!

I just purchased a 2007 Kia Rondo EX V6 2.7l (82752 kms) and I have a few questions...

Can I use a product like Engine Bright sold at Canadian Tire to polish up the engine...

Also I have tires installed under the brand name KUMHO with 95% tread life left. Upon leaving the dealer all tired were set to 27psi I immediately adjusted to 37psi (max 44 listed on wall). Are these good tires? Factory tires??
congrats on your purchase, I owned a '08 model for 4 years, very good vehicle and reliable. However, mine was the EX 2.4L model 5-seater.

Set the psi to what is stated on your driver's door post for that size of tire, if I remember correctly its probably around 32 psi. The max on the tire means nothing with regards the correct psi, that's just the limit for what the tire will take.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
At 82k km and 95% tread left, they are definitely not the original tires. Which model Kumhos are they? The original tires should have been Kumho Solus KH16, which are decent tires, probably middle of pack by comparison. I believe the KH16s are still available, so it is possibly that the previous owner had the same tires installed.

Door pressure is 32psi. Depending on you driving conditions/style, adding a couple more psi may work better. From my experience, the Rondos tend to wear tires better with about 35psi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx conwelpic and spongebob. I'll adjust to 35psi which is what I am used to.. the Kumho tires are KH16's... I'll post some pics on my profile tomorrow.. Car looks great!!

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Kumho KH16's are "ok", not that bad, but not that great either. You can look on TireRack at the Survey and Test result tabs on that tire's page

TireRack Kumho KH16

I just installed a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires on my Rondo and they seem pretty good so far. #4 ranked in Grand Touring All Seasons. My brother-in-law just got a set of the new Continental PureContact w/ Ecoplus delivered to put on his 2007 Subaru Legacy (set of Conti ExtremeContact DWS's were out of round) so I'll be anxious to see how they do, being a brand new design.

I would stay away from engine cleaners like you mentioned trying, just my two cents. IMO, can do more harm than good (looking somewhat better with hood up?!?!).

·
Registered
Sodona, Rondo, Optima (2), Cessna, Gulfstream
6 Posts
The tire pressures are also how it is calculated how much weight the tire can support. different tires can support different weights with different pressures. I always set my tire pressure to the weight I will be transporting, and ignore the door. Remember - the door tire pressure is for "comfort", nothing more.

Remember the issue with the Ford's rolling over ? The tire company said Ford was telling everyone to use a lower pressure than what the tire manufacture recommended. This made the tires too soft, and the vehicles rolled over easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts