Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo 6 cylinder
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I tried to search for this throughout the site, came close, but could not pinpoint the exact answer I need.

My tires need to be replaced. Worn. The two front are worn, but the back ones still have good tread! Good enough that they don't need replacing yet! ( I admit, I never rotated the tires which is why theb ack ones are still good)

With this said, I have 3 breif questions.

1) I have 37,000 Miles on the car, What size should I get? I get different answers from dealers and shops. Some say 205/60r15, 205/70r16, 215,70r15, 205/60r15.

2) Can I only replace the two from tires? And if so, should I leave the new ones in the front or switch to the back?

3) Discount tires said if I go with them, they recommend the TMPS to be changed at 9.75 per tire.

Should this really be replaced?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
You need to find out what tire size is on your Rondo and buy that tire size. Yes, you can buy just 2 tires. You have a front wheel drive Rondo, so the new tires should be up front. If there is nothing wrong with your TPMS sensors, NO need to replace them!
If you like, you can give me the last 8 of your vin#, and I'll tell you what tire size came on your Rondo from the factory.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
The size you need depends on what size rims you have, 16" or 17"? If you have 17", the stock size is 225/50R17. If you have 16", the stock size is 205/60R16.

What size do you have now? Don't mix/match different sizes...

Personally, I prefer to get a matched set of all 4 tires. If you can't swing the price, you can get two new tires as long as they are on the same axle. Normally, you should put the tires with the most tread on the front with a FWD car.

Yes, TPMS service should be done when they pull the old tires off. Usually involves replacing batteries/calibrating/reconnecting. $9.75/tire is cheap, besides, with TPMS valves, you don't have to buy new valve stems.

Remember, tires are what keep you connected to the road and safe. If your tires don't let you stop, go, or turn properly, they are worthless. NEVER cheap out on tires. I can't stand it when people say "oh, my tires are worn, but it's ok" or "what's the cheapest tires I can get?" It's not just your safety, but the safety of others on the road.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo 6 cylinder
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both. The original tires are still on the car and it reads '' P205/60R16. So I will get a matching set. As far as cheap tires... I was looking into these...Kumho Solus Xpert KH20. P205/60R16XL 94H BSW. They are from Discount Tires priced at 88.00.

Also, I just got off the phone with a few dealers to check on tires, and they all said due to new federal recommendations and safety reasons, all new tires should now be replaced in the rear of the vehicle and the rear ( Still original tires) put on the front.?.

Lastly, Since I am only replacing two for now, should I wait for them to TMPS service until I get the other pair in a couple months or so? So I can have them do it all at once?

Thanks again

Rondo EX 6 cyl.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
I just put a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's on my Rondo in the 205/60R16 size. Seem very good to me. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is the #1 ranked tire in the Grand Touring All Season category on TireRack.

If Discount Tire covers multiple mount/balancing, you could wait... if they don't, if you decide to wait, then you'll most likely have to pay them to unmount, service, then remount/balance the tires.

I had my Bridgestone G019's replaced under warranty by Firestone 2 at a time over the last couple months. They put the two new ones on the front, then the next month, put the next two new ones on the rear.

You may want to get your alignment at least checked when you get the new tires on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts